Saturday, June 12, 2010

Eek!

If you look to the sidebar, underneath the heading "about me" there is a new one called "tales from the driveway".  This is the book I'm writing.

Eek.

It's up there for all to see.

Eek.

(I'm a little scared.  Can you tell?)

Some things:

* Don't steal my book or I will hunt you down and bite your toes off.

No serious.  I will.

* This book is about no one particular yet about everyone I know simultaneously.  What does this mean?  It means that you may recognize certain elements.  But that DOES NOT mean that the character is how I view you.  It just means that I took a little of you and a little of my sister in law and a little of my mom and a little of me (probably a lot of me) and a little of my neighbors and some friends from high school and college and put them all nicely into different characters.  So PLEASE do not get offended if you feel like I'm portraying "you" as some white trash ho from down the street.  Because I'm not.  No single person in this book is even represented 100%--or even 50%--from real life.  And I don't associate with ho's anyway, so there are no ho's in my book.  And there are no vampires either.

(Sidenote: I'm pretty sure I've never written the word ho down, let alone used it in normal conversation.  Who have I become?)

* Let me reiterate.  This book has no one that I know in it.

*Yes, Wade.  That means you.

*Go easy.  It's the first draft of the first chapter.  It's rough.  I know it is.  Be gentle.  Smooth it out and see if perhaps there's some shine in there.

Eek.

1 comment:

Juliana said...

You're still my hero.