- Aunika weighed in at 18.7 pounds and 28 inches (though I'm pretty sure it was 29 because, again, the nurse didn't stretch her leg all the way out) at the doc's last week. This puts her above the 97th percentile for height and 90th for weight. The doc said she was a "lightweight for her height". Yeah, you try lugging her around and we'll see if you still think she's a lightweight.
- I would have a lot of interesting blog posts if I had a camera phone. Wade points out that a lot of people would be mad at me though, so maybe it's for the best I don't. But the other day at Wal-mart in the fish tank department, there were two aquariums with the sign "sorry, we're sick." When I chuckled and looked over at the attendant, I noticed he was taking new fish out of...cardboard boxes. I mean, they were in plastic baggies full of water, but still. Now, I'm just as much an animal lover as the next person, but I'm pretty sure that Wal-mart is not known for their expensive fish, so if a few of them get "flushed" down the toilet, I'm sure it's not going to sink the company. But the cardboard box fish, I'm just not so sure about that one. A picture of this would have been great.
- Speaking of fish, we've been doing our swim training in the lake this last week. If you've been following my facebook statuses, you know that this has not been without a lot of stress on my part. See, I grew up in West Valley--inner city Salt Lake. There were no lakes by me. I didn't grow up swimming in lakes. I'm a little creeped out by what is in a lake. The first time I really swam in a lake was two years ago when I did the same triathlon. We swam in it twice beforehand. In any case, I plan on writing an expose of sorts on August 16. Mostly because I can't bring myself to research my hypothesises before the race because I'm fairly certain if I knew all that I think I might know on August 16, I won't be getting in August 15. Hopefully, I will have forgotten it all by the time next August rolls around.
- Speaking of triathlons, I staged a "mock" triathlon for my two training buddies and me last Saturday. It was determined that biking is my event. Not that I'm good, just less mediocre than the other two events. But, I do like biking and I could see myself doing some bike races in the future.
- It's been a slow last couple of weeks. Nothing good to report. Though I do have a 10k this Friday (another holiday...) and I'm hoping not to pee my pants this time. Since it's down the parade route in Salt Lake and the sheer numbers of people THERE would make Tooele's debacle seem like a walk through the grocery store at 3 am. If all fails, at least it will make another good story.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wednesday's Wackies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment