I spend Tuesdays with my mom. We usually go to eat and run errands. This week, Josh insisted on bringing a box of Mac and Cheese to my mom's house. So my mom made the yellow death and I opted to find us lunch at Taco Time.
Taco Time has the best fast food tacos out there, but their drive through lane is SO slow. I pulled in behind a cop and preceded to wait my turn. I saw the cop hand the money to the cashier and then put his car in park to await his food.
Meanwhile, across the parking lot is a grocery store gas station. These gas stations have no convenience stores, but just a little bubble that the attendent sits in.
Suddenly, the attendent starts yelling and both the cop and I look over at the commotion. A white SUV is peeling out of the parking lot and the attendant is gesturing to the cop and yelling that the car just stole gas.
Idiots. In front of a cop car and everything.
But in their defense, I do notice that the cop looks over to the food window, (longingly, I would imagine, but I'm not sure because I could only see the back of his head) hesitating before pulling out to chase the perps, leaving his (much anticipated?) food behind.
At least when Wade and I stole gas, we did it under cover of night and without known police presence (though it was next door to the police department). We even went inside the convenience store and hung out there for 20 minutes before hightailing it out.
Explanation?
Nah. Just lends to our mysteriousness. Though I will say this: Did you know that they keep pictures of you in the back in case you show up again? Yeah, we didn't know either.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment