Oh. My. Heavenly. Goodness.
If I would have omitted the ham, that is.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Magazine. I think it was one of those recipes courtesy of a product they are trying to sell. Whatever it was, I LOVED it. And I probably would have loved it more if I would have had the right cheese (again!)
1 C ricotta cheese
1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
1 15 oz jar Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce
8 egg-roll wrappers
8 slices deli ham
1/2 C grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
* Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella and the egg.
* Reserve 3/4 C of the Alfredo sauce and spread the remaining sauce in he bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish
* Arrange an egg roll wrapper on a work surface. Spread 3 T of the ricotta mixture overthe wrapper, cover with a slice of ham, then roll up to form a log, jelly roll style. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and place the cannelloni, seam side down, in a single layer in the baking dish.
*Spoon the reserved Alfredo Sauce over the cannelloni, top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and bake for 20 minute, or until golden brown and bubbly.
Next time, I am definitely omitting the ham. I'm not a huge ham fan, and it was such a distraction from the cannelloni. Also, I need to find me some of that Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese because this is the second meal to be less than stellar because of my substitution with plain ole parmigian. Otherwise, a quick and easy meal that was just as good as a restaurant. And with as many calories as well.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment