Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughts

* Please, please, please just ask someone to take your picture for you.  There is something about seeing a picture of someone taking a picture of themselves in a mirror that just makes me feel sad.

* I took home the "Most Improved Bowling Average" trophy today.  It was a little shocking.  I also got a trophy for being on the first place team.  I need a picture of my team.  D. is 63ish and S. is 56ish and they make me laugh.  But, we wiped the floor with the other teams this season and now I have two trophies to add to my collection of bowling trophies. Please try to contain your jealousy.

*I am officially signed up for my first duathlon.  I'm doing it with my good buddy Mary and it's in September.  It's a 3 mile run followed by a 25ish mile bike ride and capped off with a 6 mile run.  It's actually the same distance as an Olympic Triathlon, minus the swim.  So I guess if I can finish this one without dying, I should be able to jump up to an Olympic distance Tri.

*My initial enthusiasm for my 100 Miles to Nowhere event has been dampened by the weather and my butt's inability to ride longer than 25 miles.  I fear that this may have been my dumbest idea yet.n  It's next Saturday, and providing that I live to tell about it, I'm sure you will all get a laugh at my expense from it. 

*Wade and I went to U2 on Tuesday and it was pretty awesome.  I thought maybe I knew more songs than I actually did which makes me kind of uncool, but I still had a good time.  Not as good as a time as, say, the guy next to me who was air guitaring to the songs, but a good time nonetheless.

*LOVING my gym membership and the freedom it gives me to wake up at a decent time on some mornings and get a good work out in without being disrupted by kids. 

*While I'm sad for the kid next door and his broken leg, I am a little relieved that he won't be able to cause much havoc around my house for the summer.  I hate to admit that this might have been an answer to many a prayer.

*Yay for three day weekends.

*I've been in kind of a writing funk lately, hence the lapses in meaningful entries (ha!  Were any of them meaningful?), but I have a good idea for my next(!) book.  I would like to get started on it ASAP and now that all my tv shows have had their season finales, I think I'm good to go.

1 comment:

Renae said...

I'm STILL waiting to read your first book. I'm not going anywhere, I'll keep waiting & waiting & waiting until you let me read it. :)