This picture embodies J. to a tee. When he came home from school the day that pictures were taken and modeled his look for the photographer, I thought we would have to do retakes. When they showed up in his backpack a few weeks later, I laughed. He had done the exact same look for me in the living room yet, no other picture has ever fully captured the J. that I know and love nearly as much as this one did.
J. is...unique. And I love that about him. He's full of energy and creativity and ideas that blow me away. His brain goes 100 miles an hour and the questions he fires at me are sometimes a little above me on most days, but he's patient with me and my dumb answers. He'll carry on full conversations between his lego guys and makes the most amazing spaceships out of the blocks.
Stubbornness would be an understatement for this kid and I'm positive that in a few years, when he's not being forced to do things he thinks he doesn't want to do and has some more flight in his wings, that trait will pay off.
J. makes me laugh daily and I need to be better about focusing on those moments and not on the moments that frustrate me.
Today, I'm thankful for my Bug and I couldn't imagine my life without him in it.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Its a totally charming pic, Sandra! Loved this post...
Post a Comment