Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bleh

Feeling kinda Bleh lately.  Two weeks of swimming lessons is about 1 week and 3 days too long.  Good thing we're almost done.

And then this weekend we're crossing off one of the things off my list (specifically #58) which will be a much cooler story than I can even fathom right now.

And there's only about 8 weeks left until I'm running another marathon.  And I'm a little scared about what's next after that.  In 2007, the pathway was pretty clear.  In 2010, not so much.

I ran 14 miles (!) on Saturday only to discover that by Monday I had gained 2 pounds.  Seriously?  I burned 2500 calories in the course of 2 hours and managed to eat that PLUS an extra 6400 calories PLUS whatever I burn by just existing.  And it wasn't even on anything worth mentioning.  We're talking like 10,000 calories.  Who's efficient design is this anyways?

Muscle.  It must be all muscle.

Speaking of worthwhile, I wish I had something worthwhile to talk about.

You probably wish I had something worthwhile to mention as well.

Next week, I will.  Because I'll be able to show pictures and describe #58 to you.  So, pray that lightning will be kept at bay and that we'll be able to summit, because we will probably exhaust our babysitting opportunities with this one adventure and I'm sure we won't be able to try again until our children have moved out.

I mean, my children are angels and grandma and grandpa are going to have an awesome time with them.  Maybe you should pray for Wade's parents too.

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

I've been wondering how you're doing lately... I'd love to get some Sandra time but I'm sure you're gearing up for the big hike. I'm way psyched for you! If you have time before (or after) let me know. Hang in there-- hiking the tallest peak in UT will not be bleh!

Renae said...

Yes, it is all muscle. I'm certain of it because you look AMAZING in your swimsuit. (Super jealous over here).