Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The List Revamped

I was looking over "the list" and realized that I only had 75 entries. Then I got to thinking. I made this list right after I ran my marathon in October, and so it really should be things I have yet to accommplish. So, I added entries and took away some. I guess it's not far to put #39, get married, because I did that some time ago. And things like "do this 2 times a year" or "do this once a week" are more for the resolution list. So those got omitted. My new, improved list are the things I would like to accomplish--or have accomplished--since October 2007:

1. Run a marathon--Done 10/6/07
2. Get a bachelor's degree--Done 12/19/08
3. Get a master's degree
4. Read 1000 books
5. Write a novel Done 11/30/10
6. Go on a cruise--Done 01/06/08
7. Go to Hawaii
8. Go to a sport's championship game
9. Qualify for Boston
10. Win a 5k
11. Win a triathlon
12. Join Toastmasters--Done 03/04/09
13. Work in a bookstore
14. Pull an all nighter  Done 11/25/10
15. Make a spectacular scrapbook
16. Make an entire Christmas of homemade gifts
17. Sponsor a missionary from the ward
18. Join a recreation team--Done May 2008
19. Hit my target weight (and stay there)
20. Do an entire crossword puzzle book without cheating
21. Enter a writing contest--Done 01/20/09
22. Learn the guitar
23. Get out of debt
24. Buy a new car with cash
25. Custom design a home
26. Own a season ski pass
27. Own a pair of designer jeans
28. Visit every state in the union
29. Take a rubbing of monument in D.C. for Grandpa
30. Participate in (and finish) NaNoMo Done 11/30/10
31. Run the Utah Grand Slam
32. Get my name in the newspaper (not in the obits or the crime page) Done Summer 2010
33. Shop once with abandonment
34. Volunteer for a good cause
35. Go sea kayaking--Done 1/11/08
36. Go skydiving
37. Go scuba diving
38. Learn to ballroom dance
39. Obtain a patent
40. Make a family cookbook--done 12/25/07
41. Write my own obituary
42. Plan my own funeral
43. Go to a crossword convention
44. Win a speech contest 3/10/11
45. Decorate the house
46. Run a sub-4 hour marathon
47. Participate in a talent show Done 9/18/10
48. Make a wedding cake
49. Sell something on ebay
50. Go spelunking
51. Be part of a bowling league--Done 9/6/2007 (not technically October, but ongoing so I'm letting it go)
52. Sew an outfit
53. Make a quilt
54. Do the "Young Love" cross stitches
55. Read the classics
56. Be president of an organization
57. Backpack the Western Trail
58. Hike King's Peak--Done 7/30/10
59. Meet a celebrity
60. Memorize the Gettysburg Address
61. Go super short with hair--Done 12/28/07
62. Go super long with hair
63. Go funky with hair
64. Own an evening gown--Done 11/23/07
65. Own a home with a swimming pool
66. Become Java certified
67. Start a business
68. Take the Actuarial Exam
69. Return to the workforce
70. Own a pair of designer shoes
71. Teach school
72. Own a dog
73. Spend the day at the spa
74. Go on a retreat
75. Eat at a five star restaurant
76. Do an Ironman (or half Ironman) Done 8/25/12 (half)
77. Read the Book of Mormon
78. Read the Bible
79. Do karaoke
80. Go snorkeling--Done 1/11/08
81. Hike Mount Timpanogas
82. Get published
83. Take a cake decorating class
84. Take a road trip with just girls
85. Keep a running log for a whole year--Done 8/28/2010
86. Surprise Wade with a trip
87. Take a self defense class
88. Take a spinning class--Done February 2009
89. Learn the flip turn for swimming
90. See the Great Wall of China
91. Do a Century Ride--Done 6/04/2011
92. Do Lotoja
93. Take a yoga class
94. Take a photography class
95. Be a "blog of note"
96. Participate on The Moth
97. Buy dinner for a stranger at a restaurant
98. Do the Wasatch Back Relay with just girls
99. Run Boston
100. Run a sub-2 hour half marathon Done 6/23/2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your number 32 was taken care of on July 25th 2007 when they posted the finishers of a 5k race. I think you finished 138.
Love 139