Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hello

Hi.

I'm still here.

It's just that there was A LOT going on last week, what with the party of the century and my birthday and nearing the end of another half marathon training, that I decided (sorta) to just take it easy.

Meaning you weren't the only thing neglected this last week.  In fact, you may have been low on the priority list of things that I neglected.

Not that I watched an entire season of America's Next Top Model (11 episodes) and a few movies or anything.

(I folded laundry while doing this so I was being "productive").

I do have a new recipe.  I'll post that.  Soon, probably.  I also have a lot of thoughts I'm freaking out about that I'm going to post here.  Soon, probably.

And I'm running the Ogden Half Marathon next Saturday, so you'll have another installment of pictures from the course.  I'm hoping to finally rig up my camera to carry it, so I can have a few pictures from my vantage point.

And in SIX WEEKS,  I start training for the ST GEORGE MARATHON.

(I know.  It was during mile 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 of the last one that I swore (literally) that I would never do another one.  But something happened in mile 26 that changed the previous 15! miles.  Maybe it was the throngs of people still cheering at 5 1/2 hours.   Maybe it was that I finished in 5 1/2 hours, so far from my goal.  Maybe I forgot how much I swore (literally) that I would never do another one.  Whatever the reason, as of yesterday, I'm officially signed up for the race on October 2.)

And St. George hosted an Ironman event last weekend that I have a few thoughts on.

See.  It's not that I haven't been thinking about you.  It's just that I haven't been thinking about you.

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

Dying to hear the thoughts you've been freaking out about-- and you haven't mentioned them to me already?!? Spill it!

And yeah, about now I'm really grateful not to be running a full marathon. One day... You're going to kill the St. George one though-- you watch...