I'm a little behind--like 3 or 4 weeks. Plus one day. But who's counting, right?
This week's recipe is courtesy of the Taste of Home magazine my grandma has been giving me a subscription to for a few years now.
Tuscan Pork Medallions
3/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 in slices
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 T butter
2 thin slices deli ham, chopped
1/2 tsp sage
2 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 C heavy whipping cream
3/4 C chopped plum tomatoes (I used Roma. I don't know that there's really a difference.)
4 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
1 tsp parmesan cheese
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook pork in butter until no longer pink. Remove; set aside.
In the same skillet, saute deli ham in drippings until browned. Add garlic and sage. Cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
Stir in the cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes and pork. Heat through. Sprinkle each serving with basil and cheese.
___________________________
This turned out to be really good. Wade especially liked the sauce. We served it with rice and rolls and it was a quick meal to put together. About 30 minutes, start to finish.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good job! I'll bet it was tastey-- sauteing, heavy cream, mmmmmmmmmm!
I actually was counting. :) I was going to jokingly write and ask you if you haven't ate anything in May. LOL Thanks for the dinner ideas.
Post a Comment