Monday, June 1, 2009

Caught!

Josh has recently taken a liking to the mailbox. He thinks it's a magic box that transports letters to people he loves. So yesterday, he wrote a lot of "letters", Folded them up like they were in envelopes, "addressed" them to people, and put them all outside in the mailbox to be sent out.

I didn't know that he was actually putting them in the mailbox when he mentioned that he was mailing things off. I just thought he was putting them in a pretend mailbox or something. I probably wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying in the first place.

(Mommy, I'm making pipe bombs.)
(Okay dear. Have fun.)

This morning, as I was waiting for my running buddy to show up, I noticed that the mailbox flag was up, but I didn't think much about it. My running buddy opened the mailbox to put her keys in and remarked that there was sure a lot of mail going out. I peeked inside and Josh had indeed put in all his "letters".

After our (awesome) run, I took the "letters" out of the mailbox and put them on top of the fridge. You know, federal law and such being as it is.

Later on, Josh and I are outside and Josh comes over to asks if the mailman has come yet.

"Nope." I said, and then quickly remembered that I had taken the "letters" inside. Shoot.

"Are the letters in there?" he innocently asked.

"No. Someone came and took them early this morning." I responded, mentally patting myself on the back for my quick thinking.

"No they didn't mommy. Mommy took them and put them on top of the fridge." Josh said as he turned on his heel, walked inside, climbed on to the counters and got the "letters" off the top of the fridge and brought them back outside.

Busted. Yes, my four year old did set me up to lie and then busted me on it. Smart kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, busted is right.

Juliana said...

Hilarious. And scary.

beva-licious said...

Your running buddy keeps her keys in your mailbox? so now I know where to snag them from? Does she have any valuables I can pawn?