Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things You Should Never Say to A Pregnant Lady

Apparently, there needs to be some discussion on things that should not be uttered to a pregnant lady:

1. Are you pregnant? (This question should never be asked unless you know--without a doubt--that the lady is pregnant, and even then, that's iffy.)

2. Wow, it's like you sprouted overnight. You look like you're finally starting to gain weight and everything. (Yeah, cause that makes me feel so much better. Thank you. I am 7 months pregnant. I'm not sure what you were expecting.)

3. Geez. (Overheard at the pool when I pulled off my t-shirt to get into the pool).

4. Are you going to eat that?

5. Another Milky Way Bar? (Yeah, you have a problem with that?)

6. I can't believe you're doing that in your condition. (Stand back. I wouldn't want you to catch my condition or anything.)

7. Will you play Mary for our Christmas production? (no.)

8. So, how many do you plan on having? (Ask me later. I'm still working on this one.)

9. Were you hoping for a girl? (What we were really hoping for was a baby, boy or girl.)

10. Oh, I love being pregnant, don't you? (The morning sickness. The headaches. The fatigue. The backaches. The acne. The constant peeing. The insomnia. The comments. Yeah, I love it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yikes..i've said at least half of these! chalk it up to hadlock insensitivity? funny list though!