I just don't feel like there's a lot going on right now. Which I guess is a good thing. For a while there, there was too much going on. But right now, my days are pretty dull. J. is out of school for the summer on Friday and I'm a little freaked out about that. Now what? But this year, I want to do a lot of "stay-cation" type things with both kids. They're old enough now to enjoy the activities and for right now they still want to be seen with me in public. Plus I'm always so tired from insane workouts that I feel like by the time J gets home from school, I'm ready to call it a day so it will be nice to get some quality time in.
So, we're going to do lots this summer.
Other than that epiphany, not much has manifested itself to me recently as to what else I should be doing with my life.
I want to decorate the house but I lack the motivation, funds, and talent to do it and so far not much has gotten accomplished. But the desire is there, so that's a start. I really think we're actually going to get the upstairs painted this year.
Do other people go into other homes and think about how much nicer it is then their own?
I feel like I'm waging a futile war with the yard. I'm trying, but I can't seem to move past the front flowerbed. I was admiring my mom's gorgeous yard and wondering why that particular talent--you know, instead of the one where I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue--didn't get passed on to me. I'm trying to spruce up the yard but it's hard when you're also trying to defend it against neighbor kids.
The hours in the day seem to go by really fast, yet most days I don't feel like I was all that productive.
I was so on top of things last week, but this week has not been as triumphant.
Organization will never be my strong point, but I'm making some progress.
For the first time in what seems like weeks, I'm going to be able to *sleep in* tomorrow morning. Chances are, something will happen and I'll still be up early.
Turns out if I burn 6000 calories a week, I can eat pretty much eat whatever I want and still maintain my current weight.
That's insane, right???
I can barely keep my eyes open, so I'm going to call it a night. Alert the presses. It's 10:15. This is usually when my second wind kicks in.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment