Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Big Unveiling

So, we were kinda busy this Christmas season.

With what, you might ask?

Well, for starters, Wade went a little Griswaldy on the house.  He put up strands and strands of lights.  It really did look pretty neat, and we got them up Thanksgiving weekend.  That has been the earliest we've ever gotten them up.  But it was a blessing in disguise because had we waited any longer, they wouldn't have gotten up at all due to the misfortune that December became.

Speaking of which, we just received our ER bill.

HOLY FREAKIN' COW!!!

But that's for another day.

What else did we do?

Wade took two weeks off (there's a story there.  A funny story about how Wade saved all his vacation up, but I'm still too pissed to talk about it).  And in that two weeks he built me this:





Yep.  A kitchen island.

The man is amazing.  He just used stock cabinets from Lowes.  Screwed them together.  Mounted everything to the floor.  Painted it.  It looks incredible.  The pictures don't do it justice.  I have no idea how I've lived this long without an island.

What's that?

Oh. Right.  Granite countertops.  Yeah, we did those too.  Back in November.  There were a few hiccups with them, but now I love them too.  There's another post in the workings about those too.  I'll get there.  Patience.

The next task on our list is to do something with the cabinets.  We have a pretty good idea of what we want to do, but we need warmer weather.  I'm really excited for the updated kitchen and can't wait for it all to be done.

What else is going on?  Oh man.  If you knew.  But that revelation will have to wait.

3 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

wait-- do I not know??? We need to be talking more, m'dear! And so glad you got some great things going in the midst of the horrible!

Renae said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.

Renae said...

ahem. ahem.