Sunday, February 13, 2011

Book Review Sunday

Book: Daughter of Helaman
Author: Misty Moncur
Pages: ??

So this week, I cheated.  I'm trying to catch up on novels I need to read for my writing group and I thought I'd give a shout out to the person who got a signed deal.  Her book should be out in May.  And it's SO good.  It's about a young girl who joins the Army of Helaman.  Of course, there's love and romance and all that gushy stuff involved too.  Plus there are 2 more books from her point of view and another two books from other characters' points of view in the works. 

It should be noted that this is not my usual preferred genre.  I tend to shy away from "churchy" books.  But Misty definitely did her research and the storyline is very compelling.  I was hooked from the first chapter.

It's a young adult read and a great girl-power novel set during the Book of Mormon times.  It will be a good way to introduce teenage girls to the stories in the Book of Mormon by putting one of them as the lead character.

Awesome job, Misty!

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

huh. Well, your review is intriguing... Good for your friend on the signed deal!

Let's get together this week, eh? Pretty please?

Misty Moncur said...

aww... that's sweet, and you know what? I don't read churchy books either.