- I stopped by the DI the other day to look for a coat for Aunika. I saw a really cute one at Wal-mart not too long ago, but I wasn't about to shell out $25 for something she'll wear a handful of times before it's too small. And, score, I found one for $4 that looks practically new.
- Bonus score: the Steve Madden shoes I found that were brand new for $6. Steve Madden retails for anything from $50-$$$. And used shoes are hard to find when your shoe size hovers between a ski and a boat.
- I ran my usual run Friday morning at a balmy (if you live in the Arctic Circle) 5 am. Then I ran a 5k at 6 pm that was a blast. It followed the Bountiful Light Parade down the street and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who came out to watch the parade and cheer us on. Score, I finished with a new PR of 27:04, besting my last PR by 3 seconds. (Hey, 3 seconds is 3 seconds. Besides I got up caught at the first behind some lady who thought she was going faster than she really was. So, I KNOW I could've pulled off a sub-27 minute 5k.
- Bonus score: I ran the first mile in 8:11 and the second in 8:34, averaging out to be 8:22, which is faster than a Boston Qualifying pace. The third mile was uphill the entire way, so I slowed down to 9:14, but still it was a good pace for what it was.
- We went to see the lights at the zoo with my parents and my brother's family. It was a lot of fun, if not a little cold and the animals were all hiding. It dawned on me that the majority of the animals at the zoo are not equipped to deal with winter weather. The best part was the cougar who hissed at my niece in her wheelchair. My sister-in-law says it happens every time they come to the zoo. We scored when we went to Training Table afterwards for dinner and my brother told us the funniest story (that, sorry, isn't fit for blog consumption).
- We have an appraiser coming on Monday afternoon for our refinance, and there's nothing like a stranger who is going to look in every room of your house to kick you into cleaning gear and get everything organized. And score, I'm now back on track to having a Home for the Holidays. In fact, I'm on my way to having a Home for the Holidays by tomorrow.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Score!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have a freind who has made $4000 this year selling her D.I. finds.
Post a Comment