I cruised around looking for a parking spot that (a) didn't cost money (b) didn't require me to hike long distances uphill (c) wasn't illegal, feeling a little apprehensive about being "back" in school. Here I've been out for nearly a year and a half. What if I recognize people in the class and they know my "secret"? What if I know no one and then I don't have anyone to study with? What if I don't remember enough math to even finish the class and I fail and my husband gets mad at spending $1000 on a class so I'd finally get my degree and then I don't get it because I can't pass one more class? What if people are secretly laughing at the outfit I've chosen to wear?
Apparently, what I really should've been thinking about was "it's hard to look cool on a college campus when you're inching towards 30 AND you're five months pregnant."
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You still think about being cool? Man, I gave up on being cool when I was about nine years old. Some of us just know we'll always be wannabes, so ... sigh ... why try? :)
Post a Comment