1. I do the Salt Lake Tribune online crossword puzzle everyday. There's a timer so you can see how fast you complete it. The best part about it is that it will put all incorrect letters in red. This way, you know when a word is wrong. This habit in and of itself is not special. What makes this particular habit special is that for the past three months, I've been tracking my times in an excel spreadsheet. I was hoping that over time I would see that I was consistently getting faster. But, after reviewing my times, I can tell that it's just very random, depending on how hard the puzzle was that day. Also, by reviewing my times, I fully understand what it means to be a geek.
2. I watch Dateline and 48 Hours with an almost obsessive zeal. I love these shows. My favorite anchor is Keith Morrison. His voice is definitely the best and I actually get little goosebumps when he starts in on the mystery. My obsessive watching causes some panic in my everyday life, however. For instance, I was trying to call a friend, who lives alone and is 64. Twice, her phone picked up and then nothing. So I jumped in the car and drove down to see if everything was okay. I'm not sure what I would've done had I shown up and everything wasn't okay, but I think I'm bordering on paranoid.
3. For the first three months of Josh's life, I ate a six pound bag of gummy bears a week. To this day, I have to physically make myself walk past the gummy bear aisle at the store. I'm not entirely sure what made me stop eating them in bulk, but I still love them.
4. I own a pair of kick-butt red high heels that are totally out of my style comfort level. When I wear them, I always get these double-takes at church because it's totally not what people expect me to wear. I like keeping people on their toes. The shoes are hideously uncomfortable.
5. I have a multitude of theories for different phenomenon in life. For example, I like to ask the question "what age do you see yourself at?" I think that everyone sees themselves at a different age then they really are. My theory is that you see yourself at the age you were when you were the happiest and everything seemed to fall into place. Some people haven't reached that point yet, and they kind of look at me crazy. They'll understand in a few years.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment