It's been a while. Here's what's new in my neck of the woods:
* Summer racing season is in full bloom. I've done one of my three target races for the year, the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon. My goal was to finish it in under 2 hours and I crossed the line at 1:59:13. At mile 8, I was on target for a 1:53 finish, but I couldn't sustain the pace for the last five miles. It was an awesome race, with awesome organization and food at the finish line. I'll definitely be doing that one again in the future. Next up is the San Rafael Classic Olympic Tri next weekend. I've already resigned myself to my fate of coming in last. This really isn't about me being modest--I will be very shocked if I'm not dead last--but I'm just going to go out and do the race for myself and not worry about it...too much.
* As I was laying on the grass following my half marathon finish I was thinking "holy crap. I have to do this again, only I have to swim 1.2 miles and then bike 56 miles beforehand." I'm a wee bit nervous about that as well.
* While Wade was away on a scout trip this last week, I took the opportunity to redo the master bedroom. The inspiration hit one day while I was laying in bed reading. I find that I spend a lot of time in my room and when I looked around, it looked suspiciously like my college dorm. Specifically, there were mounds of books and papers and crap milling around and the walls were beat up from 10 years of living and so I decided to redo it. I knew that Wade wouldn't be on board--and it's easier to displace just one of you instead of both of you--so I waited until he left. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly thrilled when he got home, but it's done. When everything is put back together I'll post some pictures.
* The neighbors have put their house up for sale. I have been looking forward to this day for a long, long time. I hope it sells quickly to a family with respectable children that won't ring my doorbell incessantly at 9 in the morning. One can hope, right?
* My brother and his wife took the kids for the entire weekend this last weekend. It was awesome. Too bad that Wade and I were dead tired from our escapades (him--canoeing, me--running 1/2 marathon + redoing the master bedroom all week) to actually capitalize on this rare occasion. It was nice to only have to get ourselves ready for church (we were still late) and to sit through sacrament meeting without interruption (Wade had to speak though) and then come home and take an uninterrupted 3 hour nap. I guess it wasn't a complete loss. The house was really, really quiet though. Too quiet. That quickly changed the minute the kids returned.
* J. started piano lessons this month. He's been doing really well and seems to enjoy them.
* I was hired as a math tutor for my regular babysitter. We've worked out a deal where we tutor for an hour and then I get to go "exercise" for two hours. I'm still making a profit and she's earning some money for summer fun. It's a win-win situation. Originally, I was going to use my two hours for swimming, but have had to use it to run errands and such on a few occasions. I don't mind, because at least I don't have to drag the kids with me.
* The summer is simultaneously dragging and flying. I can't wait for school to start again, even if it means having to endure the morning routine again.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of your new MB! That is very exciting :)
That is awesome that you and Wade had some time alone. But really, SO MUCH MORE EXCITING to finally see an end to your neighbors! Now that is worth a full blown celebration! Congratu-freaking-lations man! (That might have been a bit much)
YAY for another blog post!!!!!!!!!!! You're awesome for getting that sub 2 hour half time, btw!!! I'm also very excited to see the final version of the MB and think its awesome you just did it! :)
Post a Comment