*Walmart might be cheaper, but the new grocery store that is less than a half mile from my house is cleaner, nicer, and has better produce. I am, thereby, refusing to step foot in Walmart any longer. Unless, it's an emergency on a Sunday, because the new grocery store isn't open on Sundays. But, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to go to Walmart on a Sunday, so I'm not going to stress about it. Goodbye crazy Walmart people!
*In case this isn't clear, I am LOVING not having to drive 8 miles for a loaf of bread/gallon of milk/can of whatever.
*Martha Stewart has invaded my body. There are a bazillion projects I want to do and each one breeds three or four of their own baby projects. Eek.
*I had the epiphany that I am just as capable of looking up how to do things as anyone else is. Behold the beauty of the internet. Thus, these projects will become a reality in time.
*Along with the aforementioned epiphany, I also came to realize that no one is going to do these projects for me, no matter how cute I am. Or how much I beg.
*God granted me new visiting teachers in anticipation of this epiphany. Crafty, smart women who will help me do these projects and fill in the various holes my inability to do anything crafty is bound to make.
*Wade is probably pretty scared right now. Which is okay. He should be. Though he shouldn't be too stressed. I'm only making the house, you know, pretty so one day, when our dream house comes along, we aren't left sitting and wishing we would have taken care of all that beforehand.
*Speaking of Wade, he is spending his day doing a service project. I'm not entirely sure what they are doing, but when asked what he would be willing to do, he checked all boxes except for painting. He claimed it was because he didn't want to get paint on his brand new (free) t-shirt he gets for volunteering. I pressed him some more and turns out that he says painting has so many degrees of rightness--meaning you neither did it completely wrong or completely right and you can always mess it up somewhere--that it stresses him out. Hence why our walls upstairs are completely white (original paint even) except for A.'s room and the master bathroom.
*I know! I offered to paint it for him in which he gave me his trained evil eye and made me promise not too.
*On to A's room. This last weekend, I took apart her crib--yes, she's a month away from 3 years old, is completely potty trained, both day and night, and has been climbing out of the crib since she was 18 months. Why do you ask?--cleaned out her room and put up a new bed for her. All by myself since Wade was out with the scouts. I am so close to finishing her headboard and foot board for her new bed. I think it's adorable. When it's done and up, I'll take pictures and post them.
*It's a good thing that it rained for four days straight, because the yard project had brought me to tears more than once. Now that I've had a few days of a forced break from it, I'm ready to tackle it again. The weather looks gorgeous for the most part this week, so I'm hoping to have it done by the end of this weekend.
*Ha! Just looking at that statement filled me with optimistic dread. There's no way it's going to be done by this weekend. I can hope though.
*Wade's scout trip involved a pair of ill-placed keys, two 15 year old boys, a child-locked door, the wind, and a two hour trip to cell phone range. It's a relief to know that 9 people will fit in the Pilot in an emergency.
*There are at least 112 episodes of The Magic School Bus. How do I know this? Because they are all currently on the DVR we set up for the kids. I know! 112 episodes. That's just crazy.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love Magic School Bus...someday we'll have DVR and the kids won't have to watch staggered episodes on Youtube. Yay for projects, for some reason I just can't get enough ambition to finish a whole project these days. The boys were lucky enough to get a couple walls painting and some pictures hung, that was quite the miracle in itself.
I think you should list out all the projects-- I know of a few but am curious as to the rest!
Can't wait to see A's room and wahoo about the bed and so excited-- nice!!!
Your blog post (yay that you're blogging again, btw) fills me with dreams of doing more projects myself. Hmmmm... :)
Post a Comment