Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Falling Behind

Wow!

My life is BORING.  So, so, so boring.  So dull I cannot think of a single thing to tell you.  Nothing noteworthy--or not noteworthy--has happened. 

Boring.

Sorry.  Hopefully life will pick up and I'll have something cool/funny/uncool/unfunny to say.  Well, I have a new recipe for tomorrow, so there's that.

I know.  The excitement.  Please try to contain yourself.

And everyone is coming down with a cold of which I'm not happy about--nor it's origins.  So I'm keeping my distance, because I don't think I've mentioned that I'm running a marathon (the whole thing.  For those who keep asking.  Not a 5k or a 10k, but an actual marathon of 26.2 miles.  Yes.  I will be completing all 26.2 miles on my own.  If I was only going to run 3 or 6 miles, I'd say that, but by saying "marathon" I'm saying that I will be running 26.2 miles. (it's a hard concept for some people to grasp, hence the multiple parentheses.) (Those .2 miles are the longest .2 miles in the world.  It's why you don't ever hear a marathoner say I'm going to run a 26 mile marathon.  They always put in the .2.  Why?  You try running .2 miles after running 26 miles.).  (For some reason parentheses was really hard to spell).

Speaking of hard things to spell, I have a serious lack of focus and I keep making stupid grammatical and spelling mistakes.  Which is not me at all.  I'm the person who corrects grammar and spelling.  Anyways, I'm hoping this is just a side effect of the marathon training and not anything serious, like a brain tumor. 

Funny how we tend to jump to the scariest scenario, isn't it?

But, I'm fairly certain it's not a brain tumor, and maybe by this time next month, I'll be back to reading books and doing crossword puzzles without cheating. 

One can dream can't they?

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

You crack me up. What about all of the contents of your garage being out of the garage this evening? That's an event, right? What was up? Gonna get both cars back in there?

And people probably ask about the whole thing or not cause there are non-runners (my family) who tell people that their sister is running/has run a few marathons when in fact, she has only run Half Marathons. So they wanna be sure you're not sneaking in a Half and calling it a full! Which, in my mind, is totally legit. Anyone asks me about the marathons I've run and I'm VERY quick to say they've only been Halves.

And yes, that .2 is huge!

Don't get a cold or a brain tumor or anything else. I think its just allergies that I've got. Maybe you just need more sleep! ;)

Unknown said...

Sorry, you might have caught the cold from me or the boys last weekend. If it's any consolation, I'm feeling much better after 3 days.