Friday, February 6, 2009

Finally, a Smile

We finally caught a smile on camera with Aunika. She's a cutie and spends a lot of the time smiling. She's been a pretty easy baby, even tolerating the sounds emiting from Josh better than I do at times. No complaints over here.




The other night, I had a moment of rare insight. Aunika wakes up at 4 am almost every night. Her little hands are freezing cold and she's wiggled herself out of her blankets. So I have to go in and rewrap her. She falls right back asleep but the problem is that I don't want to go in. I don't want to get out of my warm bed and so most mornings I wake up at 4 am a little perturbed. A little...frustrated you could say.

So I thought maybe I'd try putting mittens and a hat on her. She is still quite bald and something like 90% of your body heat is lost through the top of your head.

7 am the next morning was the first time I heard from the baby since 10 pm the night before. SUCCESS.

And to think that they've overlooked me for the Nobel Peace Prize, again.

No comments: